We invite you to try Chef Conor Balls Cornbread and Chicken Sausage Stuffing in your own home!
Cornbread and Chicken Sausage Stuffing
- 1 pound Chicken Apple Sausage links sliced in rounds
- 2 cups celery small diced
- 2 Spanish onions small diced
- 5 cups large diced cornbread
- 5 cups bread crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place sausage, celery and onions in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sausage mixture with cornbread, bread crumbs, eggs, chicken broth, salt, pepper and sage. Mix well and transfer to a 9×12 inch lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes or until well set and cooked through.
- Remove cover to brown 5 additional minutes